Akin Alcitepe concentrates his practice on complex commercial and construction litigation matters before international and domestic dispute resolution tribunals such as ICSID, ICC and the AAA as well as U.S. state and federal courts.
Mr. Alcitepe has had litigation successes on all three stages — local, national and international. Mr. Alcitepe regularly handles high-profile, treaty, construction and commercial claims.
* Advised a large Turkish bank in conjunction with an ICSID dispute for the protection of a $90 million guarantee it had provided for the construction of a highway in Pakistan.
* Defended a government against claims being asserted by a Middle Eastern investor in an arbitration under the UNCITRAL rules.
* Represented over 12 Turkish construction companies with BIT claims over $200 million against a Central Asian government.
* Represented a governmental agency in a cross-border litigation related to enforcement and collection efforts arising out of a series of court judgments.
* Prosecuted the claims of a French contractor against a South American government arising out of the construction of a power plant in an ICC arbitration.
* Represented a state entity in a number of US litigation matters.
* Represented the owner of a biomass gasification plant in Turkey related to the process utilized in that project.
* Defended and prosecuted the claims of a general contractor in a $100 million litigation arising out of the construction of the retractable roof of Miller Park in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
* Defended a surety in an $80 million case involving construction of a Wyoming coal beneficiation plant.
* Pursued the $20 million claim of a Turkish subcontractor against a US contractor in a USAID project utilizing a FIDIC contract for the construction of a highway in Afghanistan.
* Represented the construction manager in a $20 million dispute with the concrete subcontractor in the construction of a stadium in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
* Prosecuted the claims of a government contractor arising out of a NAVFAC project in Djibouti.
* Advised a contractor in a $80 million dispute with a foreign government related to the construction of a refinery.